Home healthcare refers to medical attention provided to a patient at his/her home. Skilled medical professionals offer therapies, surgeries and medication to patients who are usually in critical condition and cannot be moved to the hospital without a risk to their lives. The service is also said to be less expensive and more convenient for patients.
1. Healthcare Tools: There are a few wonderful tools such as fitness trackers, health apps, and more. You can now monitor most of the parts of your body, even the blood oxygen levels. These are remote monitoring tools with ability to help doctors in diagnosing health conditions with accuracy.
2. Doctor-on-Demand - Call it home heathcare, doctor-on-demand or telehealth service, it is the best way for a doctor to track patients without having to visit them at home, or asking them to visit the clinic. There are certain apps and software now that allow call conferencing, face-to-face calls and sharing health data from fitness trackers. Doctors are able to assist more patients in a single day with telehealth.
3. The Aging-in-Place Movement: When a person plans to live out their life in a particular home or house, that would mean they would be provided health care services in the same house and a custom quote would be provided to them on a home lift. People living in multi-story homes require the home lift service.
4. Tracking Systems: GPS tracking is another major advancement. It has helped the aging in place movement and seniors with mental illness and Alzheimer’s need to have a tracking device attached to them if they are left alone. As technology develops it becomes more accessible and more budget-friendly for users.
5. Online Support from Nutritionists: It is now easier for nutritionists to get in touch with you and give you accurate diets suggestions with the help of your fitness tracker data. There are apps and healthcare professionals always ready to help you on the phone or through apps. You do not have to visit a hospital or clinic for this. We all need nutritional counselling and what better way then to get it exactly when you’re ready to listen without having to visit a doctor!
These were the 5 main ways that technology is improve home healthcare. No matter the device you use, you can have an iPhone or a cheap smartphone with access to the internet, as long as you’re able to go online and download applications, you’re good to enjoy these incredible benefits of modernization in the healthcare world.
One of the pioneers of healthcare technology Salesforce. Most of the healthcare companies are now using the world’s no. 1 CRM to ensure their in-house data is secure and intact, and that they are efficiently able to interact and service their customers, who can be B2B clients or customers.