Digital transformation is the process of using digital technologies. It is a innovative way to create new or modify existing-business processes, culture, and customer experiences. The objective is always to meet changing business and market requirements. The reconfiguration of the business in the digital age is digital transformation. In the words of Salesforce Chairman Mark Benioff “Every digital transformation begins and ends with the customer”. Digitization is the process of converting information from analog to digital. Digitalization helps you in simplifying your work and making it more easier. Digital transformation adds value to every customer interaction. It enables better decision making, game-changing efficiency, or a better customer experience with more personalization.
Digital transformation is the norm of current era to bring revolutionary changes in the working conditions of organizations, institutions, workplaces etc. In this blog, we are going to discuss about strategies and adaptability of digital transformation. Here are some of the important steps mentioned to create a practical transformation strategy for any business:
1. Start Big: It means targeting and focusing on important working methods that have the most impact on any organizations. Work on the less important areas only after the main optimization has been successfully completed and a given target has been achieved.
2. Build the right workforce: This lays emphasis on hiring the right kind of people in the institutions and organizations who are forward thinkers and can build a strategy for the future in order to reach full digital potential. Data and connectivity is central to digital transformation.
3. Focuses everything on the customers: Customers are the centre of every business and that should be the main focus area for the growth of every business. Organizations that develop a strategy keeping in mind the welfares and a benefit of customers always reaps or harvests the fruits of profits for a long time to come.
4. Connect the digital dots: Digital age is the age of connectivity where every loophole is addressed. Everything is connected in a digitally enhanced organization. Those areas need to be discovered where customers or clients need digital solutions to their problems.
5. Empower employees with data: Customers are the epicenters of any business, but it is basically the employees that keep everything movable and workable. Right employees having the right data is the key to success for every organization. Businesses are more efficient and productive when eligible and well deserving employees are at the helm of the affairs of important positions and posts in a company.
Salesforce has partnered with Alibaba to increase its footprints in Asia. It always needs to begin on a small scale. The biggest obstacle in the path of governments is the inability to digitalize as many things as possible in a short span of time. Things are going to get more complex if done in an unplanned manner. Success of small concrete projects will build a rock solid foundation for the large scale projects in the future. The WEF has identified 6 key trends that are set to emerge between today and 2027. It includes permanent communication, omniscient computing, hyper-connectivity, data-driven intelligence, distributed trust and on demand manufacturing.
These trends are highlighted as very crucial to remain ahead of the digital transformation of the society. These trends will bring revolutionary changes to the lives of a consumer, to a performing platform. Digital transformation is forcing governments across the globe to work more actively for bringing change in the digital age. We are in the midst of an era of digital transformation where innovation, research, technological advancements is the key to future which is rapidly transforming our societies, economies, and daily lives.
Organizations in the market sector including Salesforce have started exploring all the opportunities in the field of digital transformation. By integrating Salesforce with other leading digital technology platforms, business of all sizes are able to transform the way they engage, retain and grow their customer base. Salesforce as an excellent platform can help various other companies achieve excellence in the field of digital transformation. It can help in achieving transformation, revolution, innovation, technological advancement and digital transformation and in various other areas where you start to grow and prosper financially.